"José Jacinto Cuevas" Yamaha
International Piano Competition
- Changes in the selected repertoire will be accepted up to and no later than Friday, July 31st 2023. The participant has to inform the organizational committee via e-mail, with the complete final repertoire. No changes will be accepted after this date.
- Pianos for practice will be available for all the participants for up to 2 or 3 hours a day, depending on the stage they are currenly participating in.
- The stages of the Competition are played on a Yamaha CFX Concert Grand Piano.
- Before each stage there will be a limited time to try the piano that is going to be played on for the competition.
- The Competition will take place in the "Felipe Carrillo Puerto" Theater and there will be free admission to the general public. The Theater is located at Calle 60 No. 491-A entre 57 y 59, Col. Centro, CP 97000, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico.
- The "Jose Jacinto Cuevas" International Piano Competition offers its participants lodging in Hotel "Colonial" from Thursday, November 23rd 2023 to Saturday, December 2nd 2023 included. The address of the hotel is Calle 62 No. 476 entre 57 y 59 Col. Centro, Mérida, Yucatán, México. The exit from the hotel is on Sunday, December 3rd 2021. The rooms are double and are shared between 2 participants, taking into consideration factors like age and gender. If a participant prefers to be alone in a room, or to share a room with his/her companions, they will have to cover the necessary expenses. The competition does not cover lodging for companions. The Competition does not cover the transport to the city of Merida, as well as food, which must be paid for by the contestant. If a participant is staying elsewhere, they will have to take care of their own transportation.
The participation draw, the Inaugural Ceremony and the Grand Opening will take place on Thursday, November 23rd 2023 at 20:00 hours at the "Daniel Ayala" Theater (Calle 60 No. 499 entre 59 y 61, Col. Centro, Mérida, Yucatán, México), which is why all the participants must be in Merida on Thursday, November 23rd. The Grand Finale of the Competition with the Yucatan Symphony Orchestra will take place on Friday, December 1st 2023 at 20:00 hours (event venue to be confirmed). The Closing and Awards ceremony will take place on the next day, Saturday, December 2nd 2023 at 20:00 hour at the "Daniel Ayala" Theater (Calle 60 No. 499 entre 59 y 61, Col. Centro, Mérida, Yucatán, México), and all the participants must be present.
- The Organizational Committee reserves the right to record the stages of the Competition, as well as to transmit them through diverse media. Video recording and picture taking by individuals is not allowed during the Competition.
- The Jury is composed of outstanding national (Mexico) and international pianists, whose names will be announced in a timely manner.
- If a participant were a student of a member of the jury, the latter will not grade the participant's performance.
- The opinion and evaluation of the Jury is not subject to appeal.
- Circumstances not covered by this call and/or during the Competition will be resolved by the Organizational Committee, whose decision will not be subject to appeal.